Re: Question about installing kfreebsd

Hi again,

On 26/05/13 07:24, Bret Busby wrote:
> Does Debian 7 kfreebsd require to be installed in a primary partition,
> like FreeBSD and PC-BSD (which also uses the FreeBSD kernel)?

I'm not 100% sure but I think at least the root partition needs to be an
msdos primary partition, for the kernel to use it.

Any other partitions including /boot should probably work as logical
partitions, because the are mounted later, and GRUB2 should support them
too.

The situation may be different with ZFS however, as there is a chance
the kernel might be able to find a root pool even if it resides on
logical partition[s].  But again - not sure, and if I find the answer to
this I will update the FAQ.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org