From: Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 23:14:35 +0000
Subject: Re: Two questions about kfreebsd
To: Bret Busby <bret@busby.net>
Cc: debian-bsd@lists.debian.org

Hi Bret,

On 20/02/13 02:24, Bret Busby wrote:
> The first is; am I correct in my deduction that, at present, a stable
> version of kfreebsd, that runs gnome, has not yet been achieved?

GNOME is probably a mess in the 'current stable' release (squeeze) but
likely to be much better for wheezy.  To be honest though, probably very
few people have tried/used it much, and neither have I.

XFCE is the default GNU/kFreeBSD desktop environment since a while ago,
and post-wheezy it is planned to become the default on GNU/Linux too.
"

I am wondering whether live versions of Debian 7 kfreebsd, with the
xfce desktop, will become available?

It could be a good way for people like me, to try kfreebsd, before
installing it.

>From what I understand, the Debian Live Project is separate to the
Debian Kfreebsd project, but I assume that, to get extra Debian Live
versions produced and made available, a proposal would need to come
from the particular project for which Live versions are not already
available, and therefore, in this case, such a proposal, would, I
assume, need to come from the Debian Kfreebsd Project.

If I am wrong in this, I stand to be corrected.

So, please advise whether a move exists, for Debian 7 kfreebsd with
the xfce desktop, to be made available in a live version, for people
to try.

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby