Re: [RFC] Switching glibc-bsd from svn to git

Hi Petr,

On 20/05/13 07:56, Petr Salinger wrote:
> - one common repository x repository per package
>   I slightly prefer one common.

What might be the advantage of this?

And could submodules possibly provide the same convenience?  (A
repository that points to all the others).

A downside to a common repository is having to check out all packaging
(including obsolete) to work on just one.

And I think the commit log of Git works globally, and at least Gitweb
cannot filter it by directory.  So it would be cluttered and unclear
which package each change related to.  Unless we prefix every commit
message with "freebsd-utils: " for example, but that doesn't seem fun.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org