Re: Current and upcoming toolchain changes for jessie

Hi,

On 07/05/13 14:25, Matthias Klose wrote:
> == (e)glibc 2.17 ==
>
> We had hoped that leaving
> it FTBFS in experimental for several months and gently pinging [...]

That was a bit unexpected, and I haven't seen it brought up on
debian-bsd@ until now.

> == GCC 4.8 ==
>
> It is planned to only keep GCC 4.8 and the upcoming GCC 4.9, and to
> remove 4.4, 4.6 and 4.7 from jessie.

At least this part was expected.  If kfreebsd (kernels) are unable to
build with these, we may be able to use clang-3.2 for that.

In other packages we may see some GCC 4.8 issues in kfreebsd-specific
bits of code, not noticed by rebuilds on linux, but should be easy to
deal with.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org