Re: elfutils FTBFS

On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 14:12:18 -0800, Christoph Egger wrote:
>   Can anyone look at elfutils? it hasn't successfully built on kfreebsd
> for 2 years (and was always "fixed" by a binary upload)
>
> #debian-hurd:
> > <pinotree> christoph: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=662041#17 and #682101 could give few hints more about the failures
> > <pinotree> there are unconditional linuxisms there, and few of those (/proc/$pid/maps) work on kfreebsd because freebsd's procfs implements it
> > <christoph> I see
> > <pinotree> christoph: if you see the hurd build logs, the two failing tests are the same that fails on kfreebsd

I built it yesterday, and it succeeded, one test was skipped though.
Checking now the log for kbsd, I see the two additional FAILed tests
Pino was mentioning, but those didn't trigger for me. Christoph, OOC
could you trigger a binNMU for one of the kbsd arches just to see if
things have changed, or if this only triggers on buildds?

In any case I've fixed some of the problems with elflint, there's only
a remaining one there. I'll try to take a look at the build failure on
GNU/Hurd to see if it can still be reproduced there.

Thanks,
Guillem