Re: installing with root on ZFS (was: So, who's in charge of Kfreebsd? The installer is broken)

On 26/07/12 23:09, Dave Bechtel wrote:
> Reproducable Install steps:

Thanks;  that kind of detailed feedback is really helpful in getting
things fixed.

> --Rebooting the VM at this point causes 100% vmware CPU usage, and nothing usable in the VM - just a blank screen.

Not sure what went wrong there.  Maybe you shouldn't have said "continue
without bootloader";  after mounting linprocfs, the standard GRUB2
install step should have succeeded.

Or, maybe this is just some other bug, in GRUB2, although I haven't seen
it happen before.

> --After logging in as root, I issued ' grub-install /dev/da0 ' and rebooted.

Surely that would put things back the way they were right after you
installed, before booting with Super Grub, so I don't see how the
problem went away.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org