autoload of sound drivers
- To: debian-bsd <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: autoload of sound drivers
- From: Robert Millan <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:43:28 +0200
- Message-id: <BANLkTim1cV1m=B9YEZF-813gozWg9Nck2A@mail.gmail.com>
Up untill now, enabling sound support in Debian GNU/kFreeBSD required
some manual setup. First figuring out which driver you need, then add it
to /etc/modules so that is is started on boot time.
Starting with 8.2+ds1-1, freebsd-utils enables devd, the device state change
daemon, which was previously present (but disabled) in this package.
devd will now automatically load drivers for PCI sound devices (as well
as the USB snd_uaudio class device). If you had setup your system
to load a sound driver manually, please verify that it is no longer needed
after upgrading to freebsd-utils >= 8.2+ds1-1 (currently in sid), and
report in case trouble were found.