Re: sysstat: iostat is unusable on kfreebsd-* (no disk-related stats)

Dear all!

tisdag den 29 mars 2011 klockan 20:50 skrev Timo Juhani Lindfors detta:
> Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> writes:
> > Has someone looked into this matter before yesterday?
>
> I've just ran iostat from FreeBSD chroot :-)

What is our present status on 'iostat', or a linprocps interface
to establish '/proc/diskstats' for GNU/kFreeBSD? Is there partial
implementation of the latter, or an initiated port from FreeBSD
for the former?

Seeing this in full light would help me, or a fellow among you all,
to plan some sort of work schedule. As was mentioned earlier the
prospects of upstream FreeBSD accepting an entry in linprocfs
are bright.

As we all know, 'iostat' is part of 'sysstat' and it relies on
'/proc/diskstats' for data collection. An independent port of
'iostat' from FreeBSD would need a name change on our side,
or the incorporation of the generic name 'iostat' into the
alternate subsystem, which hardly seems desirable.

Best regards,
  Mats E A