Re: RFS: freebsd-quota

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 09:14:44PM +0100, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:

> It is my firm belief that GNU/kFreeBSD will need activated
> support for file system quotas.

If you mean "kFreeBSD should ship with a quota-enabled kernel" then I'd
say go for it.  The reason we don't have it on in upstream FreeBSD is
largely historical; enabling quotas used to require additional locking
that caused performance and other issues.  The additional locking is now
not required, and it's just that nobody has stepped in to turn them on.

-Ed