Re: A future package `quota-kfreebsd'

torsdag den 20 januari 2011 klockan 13:29 skrev Petr Salinger detta:
>> This was very helpful, so now is the time for two strategic questions.
>>
>>  1. I suggest to let "src:freebsd-utils" build a new binary
>>     package "freebsd-quota". Would this naming be acceptable?
>
> In fact, we already have also source package zfsutils (and ufsutils) [1].
> The whole new source package might be reasonable for freebsd-quota.

Well, then I will prepare (have in fact done so, except init script,
and format "3.0 (quilt)") a separate package named `freebsd-quota'
built from manually extracted source out of freebsd-8.1-release.
I will file an ITP by the end of this European day, beginning night,
so issue a protest timely enough if you have a better alternative.

>>  2. Since I need to mend seven of these (only `quotaon' is flawless),
>>     is there some subdivision of patches according to directories that
>>     best fits the customs of this group of developers? I prefer to get
>>     to know such practice already now in order to lessen your later
>>     peer review labour.
>
> See debian/patches in freebsd-utils.

I was more intending at any preferred grouping of smaller patches
across the directory boundaries that were originally mentioned.
Now that I go for a separate package, I will follow my own head
in patch production.

Best regards
   Mats E A