any known-good installer ISOs?

Greetings all,

I recently read about the debian-bsd effort (I think it was mentioned
in talk of Squeeze being frozen) and decided to give it a shot.  After
trying 20100614 (which the wiki claims "works"- it doesn't) and half a
dozen other ISO images from the daily build site.  They all died
immediately with:
error: cannot read the a.out header.
error: only ELF kernel supports module.

Press any key to continue...
--

I was using VirtualBox 3.2.8 (current release as of writing.)  I had
selected a 1024MB, dual processor config with PAE/NX enabled and a

One image did boot, but the installer lost its marbles after trying to
load the partitioner (after setting the timezone), dumping me in the
main installer menu.

Are there any known-good images? I tried mostly the AMD64 images, but
a few x86 images.  No dice.  Also, could someone please update the
Wiki to contain more current and accurate info for those of us looking
to dip our toes in?

Thanks!
Brett