Re: using d-i to install kfreebsd-i386 from usb

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 23:13 +0100, Luca Favatella wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is there a way to use d-i to install kfreebsd-i386 from usb?
> This could be useful to install kfreebsd-i386 (using d-i) on machines
> without cd/dvd drive (e.g. eeepc laptop).

I used the d-i image to install kfreebsd-i386 on my eeepc 701 a couple
of days ago. I basically extracted the CD contents and installed GRUB to
the USB stick. Works great. Only thing I had to do is load the 'ae'
ethernet driver manually from boot with 'kfreebsd_module_elf', otherwise
the installer wouldn't detect any interfaces.

I'm hoping to put together an eeepc-specific image with everything
supported/working out of the box (the Atheros wifi will mean a custom
kernel with non-free bits though) in the same style as the existing
Linux image.

--
Joshua