Re: Parallel Port access...

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 03:09:18PM -0500, A. Maitland Bottoms wrote:

> My search turned up a post of yours from 2003:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-hurd@gnu.org/msg06309.html
> any chance that has made it into the Debian hurd kernel of today?

Oh, I remember.  I think this was my first device driver :-)

> Is it likely that the hurd API would mimic the Linux ppdev.h
> ioctls, or mimic the BSD ppbus/ppi.h ones, ... or does the hurd
> have a completely different set?

I would first check what Linux ioctls are being used, whether
they're actually needed or could be replaced by portable code, and
if not then specifically check what's available on other kernels.

I think your question is too generic to obtain a useful answer.  Try
referencing specific ioctl macros or the code that uses them.