Re: debian-installer for GNU/kFreeBSD

Tim Tebbit wrote:
> Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>>
>> You mean have tried to skip the installation of grub-pc and it has
>> failed?
>>
>> Note that FreeBSD need grub2, so adding the entry manually will only
>> work if you are using this version.
>>

> Ahhh... I did not see that requirement in the install notes.. I'll get
> grub2 and give it another go.  Thanks for the tip.
>
> Yes, I tried to skip the installation of grub-pc thinking currently
> installed grub could handle it fine.

Okay, with grub2... still error..

root (hd0,1)
filesystem type unknown partition type 0x83
Kernel /boot/loader

Forgive my ignorance but '/boot/loader' should be replaced with a kernel
 shouldn't it?  I have no idea what that might be. I couldn't find that
documented anywhere.

What am I doing wrong here?  I am certain I chose /dev/sda2 which should
be hd0,1 correct?  I used the installers automatic option on the 5GB
partition.