Re: Network config

On 06/02/2009, FITHIS <vanag@telecom.ntua.gr> wrote:
> Hi again, I tried to install it under Virtualbox (is sit supported?) as
> a start. Where can I find resources on how to configure networking?
>
> I have a pcn0 interface and I would like it to be dhcp enabled. I put
> dhclient=YES and dhclient_flags="pcn0" on my rc.conf but I also noticed
> that ping is not existent.
>
> Regards
> Vasileios

Hi.

I think this link is useful (I found it on the Debian wiki):

http://www.hermann-uwe.de/blog/testing-stuff-with-qemu-part-3-debian-gnu-kfreebsd

In particular:
"
Now let's fix networking, update the system and install a bunch of packages:
nano /etc/network/interfaces
Yes, there's no vi, not even a symlink to nano! Uncomment the two
"ed0" lines ("ed0" is the equivalent to "eth0" on Linux, I guess).
/etc/init.d/networking restart
"

At the moment I have not Debian GNU/kFreeBSD, so I can't help you with
my config.

Hope this helps,
Luca Favatella