Keyboard disabled in X

I get a strange problem when GDM is starting.
My PC is an old PII with ASUS P2B motherboard, with PS/2 keyboard and
mouse.

The first time X (GDM) starts up, the keyboard is disabled, while it is
working in the console while booting. The mouse is working fine, but I
cannot type anything, nor switch to console using ctrl-alt-Fx (where
x=1-6).
If I click on the "Actions" menu, and on anything that restarts the X
server (like the XDMCP chooser for example), I get the keyboard back.
--
Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant