Re: kfreebsd failed to build pilot-qof 0.1.1-2

Hi!

Neil Williams a écrit :
For some reason, the kfreebsd build of pilot-qof 0.1.1-2 has brought
in the wrong dependencies! It's read the dependencies for 0.1.1-1 in
experimental (where libqof-backend-qsf0 was only recommended) instead of 0.1.1-2 in unstable where it is a dependency. This has resulted in
a failed build because the test suite cannot write data.

Looking at the build-dependencies from version 0.1.1-2, there is no build-dependency on libqof-backend-qsf0, but only a depends. So the build daemon is correct there.

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/pilot-qof

Something is definitely wrong because the affected buildd log is
filed under experimental:
http://experimental.debian.net/fetch.php?&pkg=pilot-qof&ver=0.1.1-2&arch=kfreebsd-i386&stamp=1158924872&file=log&as=raw

experimental.debian.net is not reserved for experimental builds, but for non official build daemon. That includes the experimental repository, but also non-official arches.

Basically, the config of the kfreebsd buildd must be wrong somewhere, it's building an unstable package in an experimental config! pilot-qof 0.1.1-2 shouldn't be anywhere near experimental. I think this must be
a result of the libpisock8 to libpisock9 transition.

As explained above, the build daemon is perfectly correct here, and building pilot-qof version 0.1.1-2 for experimental.

Could someone take a look for me (I'm not a DD, I'm in NM) and rebuild pilot-qof 0.1.1-2 with the correct dependencies?

The build daemon is using the build-dependencies from the package. If they are not correct, they needed to be change in the package, not during the build.

Also note that there is the same problem for linux architectures (tested on i386 or amd64), even if the build has succeed once, it is not the case anymore. You have to fix it and do another sourcefull upload.

Bye, and thanks for your interest in GNU/kFreeBSD,
Aurelien