Re: Glibc-based Debian GNU/KNetBSD

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 08:45:52AM -0800, Michael Graff wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 December 2003 07:58 am, Robert Millan wrote:
>
> > No, we combine the advantages of Debian, GNU, and the kernel of NetBSD.
> >
> > The superiority of GNU userland repect to NetBSD's is an issue too, and you
> > seem to be ignoring it.
>
> I'm sorry, but this I have to respond to.

No reason to be sorry for that.

> I don't see the GNU userland as supperior.  I see it as annoying.  GNU isn't
> better, just different.  And those differences drive me nuts.

Well I guess I should learn to keep statements I'm not willing to defend for
myself. I'm not really interested on discussing this.

> But, that asside...  what you have been proposing seems to be taking NetBSD
> and removing all but the kernel.  In that case, it's not NetBSD anymore.

You're right. The system is basicaly a GNU variant with another kernel.

> That aside, insulting a group you're trying to work with seems
> counter-productive.

I didn't mean to insult. That was just my perspective.

> Are you certain you're not Stallman in disguise?

Heh. You caught me ;).

If you insist on that I'll have to start signing my mail *g*.

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)