Re: Glibc-based Debian GNU/KNetBSD

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 03:45:15PM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> Hello,
>

> > Hi!
> >
> > A usable Debian GNU/KNetBSD system based on Glibc is now available:
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~rmh/knetbsd/pub/
> >
> > I got to port all the base system with very little effort, since my previous
> > patches for Glibc-based GNU/KFreeBSD already did most of the job. Xfree86 and
>
> Please, how is threading implemented in the NetBSD (and FreeBSD) port of Glibc?

The goal is porting NPTL for both KFreeBSD and KNetBSD (K for 'kernel of').
As of now, temporary solutions are being used: linuxthreads and libpth,
respectively.

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)