re: Advice...

   Some advice would be useful. GCC 3.2 depends on gnat-3.1; gcc-3.1 also
   depended on gnat-3.1, and, mysteriously, is the source for gnat-3.1 - so,
   just how the hell am I supposed to build anything past GCC 3.0, when it
   depends on a package that comes out of itself, to build?

   Is there a sane way to tell it "build GNAT without using GNAT", that I'm
   just not seeing in the documentation, or what?

sounds like the dependancy is backwards to me - gnat depends on gcc.

.mrg.