Re: Autoconf build targets

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 01:18:06AM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:
> Tony Finch wrote:
> > > AFAIK FreeBSD-CURRENT is OK with gcc-3.1 (which is now the system compiler)
> > apart from some work still to do with c++ libraries.
> >
> > Tony.
>
> Thanks, I'll take another look at CVS. Last I checked, gcc 3.x was still
> on another branch, and not completely merged.
>
> 	---Nathan

>From following -current, I would say "It's semi-merged". It *has* gone into
the -CURRENT branch as of, well, just about the release date of GCC 3.1,
but it's still rather... rough. Building world is only really possible by
turning off all errors, which means that some things may or may not be
terribly sane.

On the flip side, I may well take another shot at NetBSD (on the -CURRENT
tree, *iff* I can get it to run sanely this time), and try to build the GCC
3.1 package (we know from practice that the pre-release mostly sort-of did
work, under NetBSD 1.5.2, actually, already - see my past quixotic attempts
for more details).

Damn, but I want a fast build machine to work on at home. Sigh.