Re: Re: Debian BSD.. cool idea

I recall waay back on Jan 31 when Dan Papasian wrote:

> ... As for the second part of that, what do you mean by:
> "more reasonable ... than it does to ask Linux become a BSD system"
>
> "BSD system" can mean many things.  But if you mean the definition
> that I think you mean, then why is it any more reasonable to expect
> BSD to become a Linux system (In the case of Debian/FreeBSD) then it
> is to expect Linux to become a BSD system?

>From what I've seen on this list, I'm afraid the answer to that is
"because we wanna" =). Might turn out to be a total disaster, who knows.
We won't unless we try.

If you wanted to make a LinuxBSD that used the Linux kernel and BSD
userland, then more power to you =). That's not what's being aimed for
here though. The people here want *Debian* with a BSD kernel. It's like
saying that someone wants Windows with a Linux kernel. That's a much much
bigger stretch but assuming it was possible I think that's a reasonable
thing to want. It's different from saying that I want Windows programs to
install on my Linux box.

--
Edwin Meese made me wear CORDOVANS!!