Prelims from the battlefield

It looks like APT would be fine to port, but there seems to be some kind
of incompatability between the Linux mmap() and BSD mmap(). It looks like
it's not mmap()'ing nearly the whole file even though that's requested.
Any porting people on here have suggestions on how to get around this?

I've actually gotten so far as to be able to run dselect, pick the APT
method, and do an update. It grabs the files over http and then junks
itself since it didn't all get mmap()'d.

All in good fun of course, I'll probably stop soon and do something more
useful ;-)

--
We secure our friends not by accepting favors but by doing them.
		-- Thucydides