Re: Re: Debian BSD.. cool idea

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 06:26:44PM -0500, Dan Papasian wrote:
> Read my essay at http://bugg.strangled.net/debbsd.txt

Hmm.. on Linux this issue is mostly dealt with in the C library.

> I explain why Debian / FreeBSD could be bad to everyone, including
> existing FreeBSD users.

This is presuming that the issues can't be dealt with in libc [or in
the linux compat library.]

Anyways, given this supposedly wonderful support for linux binaries,
perhaps it could be built into something stable enough to support multiple
bsd kernel versions?

Or is that as realistic as expecting FreeBSD to be portable across
multiple cpu architectures?  [Did I mention I'm mystified that BSD folks
criticize the design of the Linux kernel when NetBSD isn't as fast as
Linux and FreeBSD isn't as portable?]

--
Raul