Re: Re: Debian BSD.. cool idea

I'll analyze these one by one.

GNU tools: Which ones, and why replace the existing ones?
Do you know/care if you have GNU find vs BSD find?
Can you even tell the difference between GNU cp and BSD cp?
Some GNU tools are used now, like gcc, awk, and diff.

Debian package system:  We are addressing the faults of the FreeBSD
package system right now, and will have it fixed before Debian GNU/FreeBSD
really exists.

Debian userland:  Please be more specific.

Out of the box thing:  That can be setup making an install script for
FreeBSD-- you could leave the install with most of what you've asked for
today.

-Dan