Bookworm Installer and Hibernate

Hello,

I installed a new system (16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD) with the bookworm installer,
took the guided disk partitioning and selected use full disk with single
partition (which is I think recommended for beginners in the installer). With
that setup hibernate does not seem to work reliably, if e.g. 4 GB of the RAM
are used, hibernate does not work anymore. I think it is because the installer
created a swap partition on 1 GB in size. For me that seems ways to small to
make hibernate work. I remember in the early Linux days the recommendation was
swap partition size = 2x RAM size, here

https://wiki.debian.org/de/Hibernate

is says for hibernation, swap should be half the RAM size.

I would have expected that for an installation recommended for beginners, the
basic features like hibernate would work, but the usage of the resources (SSD)
might not be optimal (e.g. with a larger swap partition that needed for a
tailored setup). I might miss something though on how the user/beginner should
make hibernate work in bookworm.

For me it is easy to reinstall an create a bigger swap partition. I understand
from the page above another option might be to create a swap file

https://wiki.debian.org/Hibernation?action=show&redirect=Hibernate

(although that the page starts with references to Debian Lenny and Jessie
raise some doubts if that still is the way to go).

Any hint or feedback is welcome, in particular if it is an issue where to
report it, that this gets improved.

Thanks
Rainer
--