Re: Maintainer access to install repo

On Mon, 2020-10-26 at 20:35 +0000, Eugene Losowski-Gallagher wrote:
> Hi Debian-Installer team,
>
> I wish to submit patches to fix installer issues when they crop up (I use
> debian a lot!).
> It might progress to better supporting packages I use frequently for
> development (win-win)
>
> I requested access to:
> https://salsa.debian.org/sergiodj/rsync/
> To make a pull-request (see below for patch).

That's a personal repository for rsync, which has nothing to do with
the installer team.

If you want to make changes to rsync packaging:

1. Go to <https://salsa.debian.org/debian/rsync> and press the Clone
   button to create a personal repository on Salsa.
2. Push to a branch in your personal repository.
3. Create a merge request referring to that branch.

You don't need any special permission to do this.

> There is also another bug on the installer for setting root password in
> expert mode
> (had to work-around via the rescue cd). Working on identifying that.
[...]

I think that's in user-setup, so you can use a similar process starting
from <https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/user-setup>.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Any smoothly functioning technology is indistinguishable