Re: New language Occitan - console-setup

Hello,

Holger Wansing, le lun. 05 oct. 2020 13:44:19 +0200, a ecrit:
> Now it comes to keyboard configuration: I am unsure how it exactly needs to be
> done in console-setup.
>
> Default locale for Occitan is oc_FR.UTF-8 and the needed keymap is French.

Should it be French for all oc_* locales?

> I'm sure where I should Occitan in keyboard-configuration.config (in the
> list of countries or in the list of 'specific languages'?

It depends on the strategy, whether the layout is rather attached to the
language or to the country. It can also be a mixture of both.

> Since Occitan is spoken in more than one country, I guess adding it to
> the list of specific languages would be suitable?

Or not, in case people speaking Occitan in the various countries tend
to use the corresponding country keyboard layout (which I would tend to
think is the case here?). In that case the existing *_FR*, *_ES* etc.
rules are already fine.

> -Choices-C: us, al, ara, es(ast), bd, by, in(ben), be, ba, br, gb, bg, bg(phonetic), mm, ca, ca(multi), es(cat), cn, hr, cz, dk, nl, us(dvorak), bt, epo, ee, et, fi, fr(latin9), ge, de, gr, in(guj), in(jhelum), il, in, hu, is, ie, it, jp, in(kan), kz, kh, kg, kr(kr104), tr(ku_f), tr(ku), la, latam, lv, lt, mk, in(mal), np, no(smi), no, ir, ph, pl, pt, in(guru), ro, ru, rs, pk(snd), lk, sk, si, es, se, ch(fr), ch, tj, in(tam), in(tel), th, cn(tib), tr(f), tr, ua, cn(ug), vn
> +Choices-C: us, al, ara, es(ast), bd, by, in(ben), be, ba, br, gb, bg, bg(phonetic), mm, ca, ca(multi), es(cat), cn, hr, cz, dk, nl, us(dvorak), bt, epo, ee, et, fi, fr(latin9), ge, de, gr, in(guj), in(jhelum), il, in, hu, is, ie, it, jp, in(kan), kz, kh, kg, kr(kr104), tr(ku_f), tr(ku), la, latam, lv, lt, mk, in(mal), np, no(smi), no, oc, ir, ph, pl, pt, in(guru), ro, ru, rs, pk(snd), lk, sk, si, es, se, ch(fr), ch, tj, in(tam), in(tel), th, cn(tib), tr(f), tr, ua, cn(ug), vn

Do not add oc here, it is the list of selectable keymaps, we don't have
to add another choice for Occitan, we just want to set the default
selection for the Occitan locales (if really needed).

Samuel