Re: building a custon talking debian installation image with build essential and other packages on the disc as well as the mate accessible desktop

On 4/24/2020 9:29 PM, Nick Gawronski wrote:
> Hi, I am totally blind and know about pressing s to start the installer
> with speech as I do this then go back to the main menu and set debconf
> priority to low so I have the most control during the installation
> process.  I looked into the simple-cdd package for building a debian
> installation image but could not find out how to include the full mate
> debian desktop with orca the screen reader setup for speech as well as
> build-essential and other development packages.  What would be the best
> process for building such an image that starts automatically at low

I guess including a preseed file might be useful there.

> priority with speech running and a highor volume level then normal for
> systems where you would like speech to be not so soft during the
> installation process?

You can increase the volume of 'espeakup' a bit but if the volume of the
detected sound card could be set to the max as default that would be awsome.

--
John Doe