Re: Graphical installer on arm64 (netboot and cdrom)

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 07:36:42PM +0300, Alper Nebi Yasak wrote:
>On 20/04/2020 18:38, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Does /dev/tty0 show up in /proc/consoles in your setup? We might need
>> to tweak that yet...
>
>Here is a small but untested patch for rootskel's reopen-console for that.

Hmmm. Is this the right answer, though? I've got totally headless
arm64 machines that also have a /dev/tty0. Would we want to run d-i there?
Maybe, I'm genuinely not sure. It might be harmless, I guess...?

>(Thanks for the cd image, it'll probably take me until tomorrow to test and
>report back on it)

Cool. :-)

"... the premise [is] that privacy is about hiding a wrong. It's not.
 Privacy is an inherent human right, and a requirement for maintaining
 the human condition with dignity and respect."
  -- Bruce Schneier