Re: Completely switch graphical installer to fonts-noto?

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (2020-03-28):
> > This would be an easy way to publish updated installation images for
> > people to toy with, and compare with the previous alpha. And I think
> > that'd be a sensible approach (at least that's what I had in mind).
> >
> > Gathering the results and drawing a conclusion is what worries me a
> > little.
>
> By the way, I didn't investigate this in deep but I didn't easily spot a
> recent change regarding fonts in the few d-i packages I had in mind… I'm
> seeing a rather different rendering (which seems rather bad at first
> glance) with the daily build I was about to test.
>
> It might be a side effect of the recent fontconfig upload:
>   https://tracker.debian.org/news/1113021/accepted-fontconfig-2131-3-source-all-amd64-into-unstable-unstable/
>
> Attached, reference image for the languages screen for bullseye, plus a
> screenshot for a daily build.
>
> If someone fancies investigating… ;)

There is no point in investigating that, if we switch to fonts-noto anyway :-))

So I would like to evaluate a decision regarding that issue, before acting on
the above...

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076