Re: Remove of lilo-installer

Hi Thorsten!

On 4/2/20 10:30 AM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> John Paul Adrian Glaubitz dixit:
>
>> No idea what the stance on i386 is. But I think Thorsten is a LILO user.
>
> No, I haven’t been using LILO for a long time either.

Okay, bad memory on my side then :).

> I _did_ use it about a decade ago, when I got back to Debian
> after using only BSD for a while, but even before that, I
> used loadlin more, and discovered grub during the BSD-only
> time (considering it could do PXE).

OK.

> Why the removal? Does it not work any more for some reason?

The LILO package itself isn't being removed.

> Or is this just about the d-i integration?

Yeah, it's just about removing src:lilo-installer. I assume everyone keen
enough these days to use LILO can install it manually anyways.

I have also enabled GRUB on ia64, powerpc, ppc64 and sparc64 as well,
so we made good progress unifying bootloaders.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz