Re: Encrypted /boot & GPT partition table using d-i - full instructions

[please CC me on any replies; not subscribed]

Hello,

> It was quite an effort in reverse engineering, because I couldn't find
> alot of documentation on d-i at short notice via search engines, and
> so I essentially took a brute-force approach.

I've been doing a hack very similar to yours when (re)installing Debian
on my laptop for a few years now; thank you for taking the time to write
up the instructions.  My own notes are not detailed enough to share with
others.

On planet.debian.org today I saw[1] the suggestion to use the grml live
system to achieve this setup, until d-i learns how to do it for you.
This seems like a much better option than hopping back and forth between
TTYs and fighting d-i's assumptions, but it might be annoying to have a
system that is much more minimal than what d-i produces, unless you have
workstation setup scripts that sort everything out (as I do).

[1]  https://bisco.org/notes/installing-debian-with-encrypted-boot-using-grml/

--
Sean Whitton