Feature request: Support for QEMU Virtio driver for CD-ROM

Package: debian-installer

Version: debian-testing-amd64-DVD-1.iso, from 2019-03-16

When installing Debian as a guest in KVM/QEMU assigning the ISO to a CD-ROM using Virtio or Virtio-SCSI as the bus type the debian-installer cannot see the CD-ROM drive and ask for drivers.
I assume the Virtio drivers are not bundled/loaded in the installer. It would be nice if it was :-)

In my benchmark of different bus types for CD-RO I got this read numbers:
-ata/ide:         541MB/s

-sata:              1,2GBs

-Virtio-SCSI:   3,6GB

Unfortunately I didn't test Virtio, but it should be at least just as fast as the Virtio-SCSI
I've read from RHEL that Virtio is a little faster (at least for HDDs).