Re: [debian-installer packages] upload of pending changings?

Hi,

Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> (2018-12-23):
> there are some packages with pending 'coding' changings (other than
> translation changings), which we would want to be uploaded for Buster.
>
> Since there are also pending translation changings in some of that
> packages, I would like to have uploads for those, but ask for an extra
> confirmation, if the coding changings are uncritical for me to upload.
> The other possibility would be that those people (in CC) do the upload
> which made the 'coding' changings.

Thanks for prodding us about those changes. I'll focus on those where
I'm listed.

> debian-installer-netboot-images
> Commits: https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer-netboot-images/commits/master
> by: Cyril, Mattia
> These are trivial changings, but I was unsure, if an upload could somehow
> affect build of images?

I'll check and upload this one.

FWIW: This package (also called dini or d-i-n-i) can't interfere with
the debian-installer build process as it actually consumes what the
src:debian-installer produces. This is mostly a bundle of everything the
various netboot* targets (in debian-installer) produce. But thanks for
asking anyway. :)

> libdebian-installer
> Commits: https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/libdebian-installer/commits/master
> by: Cyril
> This is only a trivial change, but a debdiff against the previous
> version shows many differences, which aren't documented. So I don't
> want to upload this one without asking...

Here you should mostly see an update in various versioned dependencies,
due to the new changelog entry (0.116→0.117); other changes include the
bump in the libc6-udeb dependency, which happens when there's a new
glibc version; and slight differences in Installed-Size (to be ignored).

IOW: This seems safe to upload.

> Thanks and Merry Christmas to you all

Season's greetings as well. :)

Cheers,