Re: Salsa

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 11:16:04PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Chris Boot <bootc@debian.org> (2018-04-24):
>> I didn't receive much feedback from the -boot team since I created the
>> Salsa project and did the initial member import, but I also didn't
>> remind people about it after those first few emails.
>
>Yes, sorry for not having been more proactive on this topic. :(
>
>> FWIW I have been using GitLab both personally and at work very
>> successfully for quite a while now with my generally Git-centric
>> workflow. I have no recent experience with conversions from other VCS,
>> and I do understand some people's concerns about whether GitLab is the
>> best fit for Debian, but I strongly believe that whilst it may require
>> a bit of a mindset readjustment it's the best thing out there for us.
>
>That's very fine. :) I was more wondering about tips and tricks for the
>actual migration; but apparently Steve is happy to help with setting
>things up with packages, so I would only have to deal with adapting the
>l10n commit robot for new URLs.

I've now migrated all 103(!) of the non-attic d-i repos across from
alioth to salsa, following the pattern

 https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/$REPO.git

 https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/$REPO

In each case, the old alioth repo will now reject pushes. The new
repos are each set up to use KGB to announce changes in #debian-boot
as previously. I've not (yet) spent any time on updating all the
debian/control files to point at salsa, or updated mr configs or
anything else.

The repos involved are:

anna
apt-setup
arcboot-installer
babelbox
bak.debootstrap
base-installer
bterm-unifont
busybox
cdebconf-entropy
cdebconf-terminal
cdebconf
cdrom-checker
cdrom-detect
cdrom-retriever
choose-mirror
clock-setup
console-setup
d-i
daily-build-logs
debian-installer-launcher
debian-installer-netboot-images
debian-installer-utils
debian-installer
debootstrap
desktop-chooser
devicetype-detect
dh-di
efi-reader
elilo-installer
finish-install
flash-kernel
grub-installer
hw-detect
installation-locale
installation-report
iso-scan
kadit-playbooks
kadit
kbd-chooser
kernel-wedge
kickseed
libdebian-installer
lilo-installer
live-installer
localechooser
lowmem
lvmcfg
main-menu
mdcfg
media-retriever
mklibs
mountmedia
net-retriever
netboot-assistant
netcfg
network-console
nobootloader
oldsys-preseed
os-prober
partconf
partman-auto-crypto
partman-auto-lvm
partman-auto-raid
partman-auto
partman-base
partman-basicfilesystems
partman-basicmethods
partman-btrfs
partman-crypto
partman-efi
partman-ext3
partman-iscsi
partman-jfs
partman-lvm
partman-md
partman-multipath
partman-nbd
partman-newworld
partman-partitioning
partman-prep
partman-swapfile
partman-target
partman-ufs
partman-xfs
partman-zfs
pkgsel
prep-installer
preseed
quik-installer
rescue
rootskel-gtk
rootskel
s390-dasd
s390-netdevice
s390-sysconfig-writer
s390-zfcp
tzsetup
udpkg
usb-discover
user-setup
win32-loader
yaboot-installer
zipl-installer

"Because heaters aren't purple!" -- Catherine Pitt