Centralizing translations for d-i and for other projects in Debian
During DebConf17, I had brief discussion with Cyril and others about
creating central place to manage translations for d-i and friends and
probably also for other projects if they want to use it. The setup
will be similar to translatewiki.net and help from friendly
Wikimedia people is also expected as needed.
1. New users can contribute and help with translations. Experienced
users can review and proofread translations.
2. Quick suggestions (and optional Machine Translation support).
3. Easy to view statistics for particular language easily. (replacing
d-i l10n status page  and DDTP status pages )
4. Can quickly create projects/remove projects.
5. Export of translation in various format.
6. Can be use for package description, debconf and documentation
0. (Re)Write tons of documentations!
1. Package Translate extension and friends for Debian. (In progress:
2. Discuss with Translate/ULS maintainers for providing LTS/Security
support like MediaWiki.
3. Auto export like Wikipedia do.
Kartik Mistry | IRC: kart_