Re: All D-I's debconf templates in a single HTML page.

Hi Charles,

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> (2016-09-06):
> while working on preseeding D-I to make Cloud images, I found it a bit
> difficult to figure out the details of this and that debconf template that is
> listed in the preseed.txt example of the installation guide.  Therefore, I
> collated them in a single HTML page.
>
>     https://people.debian.org/~plessy/DebianInstallerDebconfTemplates.html
>
> I would be very intereted to have some feedback on how useful this is, and if
> there would be a more relevant place or format to hold this information.

As others have already said: looks like very useful. Not sure where to
make it available at the moment though (in the middle of a very busy
couple of months, and preparing for the next point release).

Maybe it'd be nice to have a curated version along with the example
preseed with the manual (and thus the website), and a complete version
somewhere on d-i.debian.org (where the shorter version could point to)?

> To create the page I ran the following command in the debian-installer
> directory set up via `myrepos`:
>
>    cat packages/*/debian/*.templates | debconfTemplateToHTML /dev/stdin

There are also '.templates*' files. Here are the additional files, even
if not all of them are relevant to your completeness quest:
  apt-setup/debian/apt-mirror-setup.templates-ubuntu
  choose-mirror/debian/choose-mirror-bin.templates.both-in
  choose-mirror/debian/choose-mirror-bin.templates.ftp.base-in
  choose-mirror/debian/choose-mirror-bin.templates.ftp.sel-in
  choose-mirror/debian/choose-mirror-bin.templates.http-in
  choose-mirror/debian/choose-mirror-bin.templates.https-in
  choose-mirror/debian/choose-mirror-bin.templates-in
  flash-kernel/debian/flash-kernel.templates.in
  kbd-chooser/debian/kbd-chooser.templates-in
  localechooser/debian/localechooser.templates-in
  localechooser/debian/localechooser.templates-nb_NO
  localechooser/debian/localechooser.templates-nn_NO
  localechooser/debian/localechooser.templates-pt
  localechooser/debian/localechooser.templates-pt_BR
  localechooser/debian/localechooser.templates-se_NO
  localechooser/debian/localechooser.templates-wo
  localechooser/debian/localechooser.templates-zh_CN
  localechooser/debian/localechooser.templates-zh_TW

KiBi.