Re: Bad release in install documentation

Hi everybody

El 08/03/16 a las 12:18, Rhonda D'Vine escribió:
> * Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@larjona.net> [2016-03-07 20:25:12
> CET]:

ts/1installation-guide?id=c8148aba41b484964cb7a627c5c954a19f056d38

it seems, we have the same situation again now:

>>> I have tried to apply this, but I'm lacking proper
>>> permissions.
>>>
>>> Anyone?
>>
>> I've committed the suggested change. I suppose now the install
>> guide for stretch will appear in its place, but I'm not sure if
>> this will automatically retrieve the install guide for
>> jessie/stable in its place too...
>>
>> I'll have a look at the log and the install guides in the website
>> after the next lessoften build.
>
> From what I read in the VCS link above I guess it would need
> manually fetching the thing and run it manually for jessie again.

Thanks Rhonda for the hint.

I've tried to (manually) run the build of the installation manual for
jessie, and I think it went ok.
This is what I did, based on the lessoften script [1]:

ls -t1 /srv/www.debian.org/cron/ftpfiles/pool/installation-guide_*.dsc
| head -1

sudo -u debwww dpkg-source -sn -x
/srv/www.debian.org/cron/ftpfiles/pool/installation-guide_20150423+deb8u
2.dsc

cd installation-guide-20150423+deb8u2/build && sudo -u debwww
manual_release=jessie
destination=/srv/www.debian.org/installmanual/jessie/ ./buildweb.sh >
/srv/www.debian.org/installmanual/jessie.log 2>&1

sudo -u debwww cp -a /srv/www.debian.org/installmanual/jessie/*
/srv/www.debian.org/www/releases/jessie/

Let's see what happens in the next lessoften build. I think stretch
manual is not built yet, but maybe it's build after this is fixed. If
tomorrow after lessoften I see the jessie manual fixed, and the
stretch manual not appearing, I would try to build it manually too.

[1]
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debwww/cron.git/tree/lessoften-parts/1in
stallation-guide

> In the long run maybe the package version should be compared to
> the release information through something like rmadison or similar
> (though, rmadison gives stable and not jessie, so at least some
> mapping still would be needed somewhere).

I cannot help in this part, I'm afraid.

Cheers
- --
Laura Arjona Reina