Re: CSS for installation guide ?

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 01:28:56PM +0100, Stéphane Blondon wrote:
> Hi,

> > On http://stephane.yaal.fr/tmp/installationguide0/ch02s01.html in the
> > table the even/odd colors are odd: all ARM lines have the same color,
> > and all MIPS/PowerPC lines have the same color.
>
> It's due to the rowspan on these cells.
> If the rowspan is replaced by several cells with the same content, the
> even/odd colors will be displayed correctly.
> I'm not sure if it's fixable with generic CSS.

The highlighting gets all messed up too.  If you point at IXP4xx, it
highlights the entire row including ARm and armel, but if you point at
the next line (kirkwood), then only the last two columns are highlighted.
Quite inconsistent.  If it isn't going to be consistent, it would probably
be better to not have it at all.

Perhaps forgetting the highlighting and alternate row colours and just
using lines around table cells would work better.  Sure it is old
fashioned, but it works.

--
Len Sorensen