Re: Re: Howto prevent full disk crypto from wiping entire drive/partition?

Hi List,

I am reopening an old thread, I am trying to achieve the same thing today and I did find another way to do it as reported here.

> I have open a wishlist bug report [1] describing your issue.  Work still
> needs to be done, though.
>
> If you feel like giving it a shot, you can probably start by hacking
> autopartition-crypto and adding:
>         echo> $id/skip_erase
> near:
>         echo dm-crypt> $id/crypto_type
I have hacked like suggested above but the installer still wipes the disk. I need to cancel manually.

I have tried with adding "echo> $id/skip_erase" just before and just after "echo dm-crypt> $id/crypto_type" in
debian-installer/packages/partman-auto-crypto/autopartition-crypto

I have rebuild d-i as described here [3].

Is it working or am I doing somethind wrong ?Does anybody have a way to do this?

Best regards,

[3] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Build
--
Alexis de BRUYN