Re: flash-kernel update

(adding kibi for the unblock question. I also added d-boot I don't think
there is anything sensitive here so I hope that's ok)

On Tue, 2015-03-03 at 21:30 +0100, Karsten Merker wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 08:45:55AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 23:19 +0100, Karsten Merker wrote:
> > > Hello Ian,
> > >
> > > as Ben has uploaded linux 3.16.7-ckt7-1 over the weekend, I have
> > > just pushed a machine db entry for the LeMaker Banana Pro to the
> > > flash-kernel git master. I have not touched the experimental
> > > branch yet, as I did not know wether you prefer to take care of
> > > that yourself.
> >
> > I don't mind who does it so long as the changes uploaded to sid are
> > merged into experimental (literally a git merge and debian/changelog
> > edit) so an experimental upload with a new version larger than the new
> > sid one can be made.
> >
> > I'm happy to do the work if you both prefer not to get involved in such
> > things. Not sure when, but perhaps over the next few days I might find a
> > minute.
>
> Ok, lets just do it this way: whoever finds time first updates the
> experimental branch and does an upload.

Ack.

> > Are we expecting any more db entries to be incoming soon, if so it might
> > be worth giving it a while to batch them.
>
> I have no further machine db entries in the pipe at the moment,
> so from my side there is no need to wait with an upload.

OK. I see nothing in the BTS which should go in either so no need to
wait.

> Btw, does anything speak against requesting an unblock for
> flash-kernel after the upload?  There are a few things that I
> would like to update in the installation-guide (in particular the
> new platforms supported in linux 3.16.7-ckt7-1 and some
> documentation about our prebuilt u-boot images), but I want to
> make sure that the stuff I document has actually migrated to
> Jessie before I do that.

I'd been relying on the fact that f-k would be included in the mass
unblocks which kibi does as part of the d-i release process, but I have
no problem with anyone making a separate unblock request before the next
release.

Ian.