Re: Installing Debian remotely in an unmanaged VPS

Op 26-10-2014 2:16, Mario Castelán Castro schreef:
Hello.

I'd like to install Debian in an unmanaged VPS which has Debian installed already. This is so that I can customize the installation by using LVM for instance. I'm following <https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Remote> but it seems like I'd have to keep an ISO image in the hard disk to do a HD-based installation if I can't use a virtualized CD and hence would need to keep at least one partition intact. Is there a way to avoid this?.

I suppose that it's possible—at least in principle—to build an ISO image which is scripted to copy itself to a tmpfs and then debian-installer can continue reading it from there rather than from the hard disk directly (So that the hard disk can be modified without the constrain of keeping the ISO). Are there instructions on how to do this?.

Otherwise, is it possible to cram a complete Debian installer into a initrd?.

Please point me in the right direction.

I found <http://www.centosx.com/install-centos-remotely-through-vnc/> for CentOS. Apparently there are install images expressly configured for remote installation for Red Hat based distributions. Is there something similar for Debian?. If not, please consider my suggestion to include this feature in a future release.

Regards and thanks.

Maybe this:
http://www.papegaaiduiker.be/index.php/local-or-remote-ubuntu-debian-re-installers
Adjust your preseed