Re: Support for sunxi-based ARM systems in d-i

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 04:54:40PM +0100, peter green wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> >Why would you NOT use uImage?
> Why would you add an unnessacery conversion step if you have a
> bootloader capable of loading regular kernel images directly?

Well uImage has a checksum, which u-boot can check before jumping to
the kernel.  I don't know if it has anything like that for vmlinuz
direct booting.

But that's about the only thing I know of.  Of course if you network boot
(not relevant in this case), being able to have a kernel and initrd in
a single file is quite handy, which uImage can do.  Not the case here
though.

--
Len Sorensen