Re: debian installer images for LS-XHL/LS-CHLv2

Am Dienstag, 1. April 2014, 21:50:37 schrieb Martin Michlmayr:
> > > But the installer asked a few questions before i could login with SSH
> > > and continue installation. The LS-XHL/LS-CHLv2 doesn't have a serial
> > > console. After u-boot (which can be used with a netconsole) starts
> > > linux the average user won't see anything on the terminal. The
> > > installer asked for a hostname, domain name and the installer SSH
> > > password. I guess i need to preseed that, right? Would one preseed
> > > static IP addresses or DHCP? And is there a way i can
>
> oldsys-preseed is generally used for this.  For most machines we
> actually read the network configuration from the device and use that
> for d-i (in retrospect, I wonder whether we should have simply used
> DHCP).

I see. "From the device" means from the old filesystem/previous
configuration/whatsoever. Do you still think this is worth it? I would like to
just do DHCP or if that fails, use a static ip address. That way you would
only have to tell the user your box either gets an IP address from your DHCP
server or it uses a static network config. Any objections?

> > > inform the user that he can now login with SSH? Eg. the board has some
> > > LEDs available.
>
> See network-console/debian/network-console.postinst

thanks.

BTW, I have to build the installer images on an ARM machine, right?

--
michael