Re: Linux 3.12 (kirkwood) does not boot on SheevaPlug, needs flash-kernel 3.12

On Mon, 2014-01-20 at 16:13 +0100, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bumped into #731345 using the back-ported kernel.
> Using back-ported flash-kernel 3.12 made the system boot again.
>
> It would be nice to have flash-kernel in the official backports repository.
>
> I can upload my version if the Installer Team does not prefer theirs instead.

I don't know what you mean by "your version", but the normal policy for
backports is that they correspond to the version in testing.

If you would like to upload f-k version 3.12 following the rules in
http://backports.debian.org/Contribute/#index5h3 then that is fine with
me (as the one who uploaded 3.12).

https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingFormalBackports looks useful in the
context.