Re: Transition from ttf-* fonts to fonts-* for Debian-IN Team

[ -boot@ added to cc. ]

Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> (2014-01-15):
> [I've set myself in reply-to so I won't loose the replies please
> consider ccing me even though I'm subscribed to d-d]
>
> Hi,
>
> As per the change in font naming convention, all (most) fonts are
> renamed from ttf-*-fonts to fonts-* and we introduced transitional dummy
> packages to allow smooth transition from ttf-* counter parts to fonts-*
> counter parts. This was done in Wheezy and now time has come to drop these
> transitional dummy packages (oh well and I accidentally dropped these
> already and the packages are not transitioning) and I'm writing this
> mail as part of Debian-IN (Debian India) team where we maintain all
> Indian language fonts. Below is the set of fonts which we are planning
> to ask for removal from archive.
>
>      1. ttf-indic-fonts
>      2. ttf-bengali-fonts
>      3. ttf-devanagari-fonts
>      4. ttf-kannada-fonts
>      5. ttf-punjabi-fonts
>      6. ttf-tamil-fonts
>      7. ttf-malayalam-fonts
>      8. ttf-telugu-fonts
>      9. ttf-oriya-fonts

debian-installer has:
build/pkg-lists/gtk-common:ttf-kannada-fonts-udeb

It seems to me the udeb still contains the actual font and doens't pull
a fonts-* package. Are you planning on switching the udeb to the new
naming thing sooner or later?

Mraw,
KiBi.