Re: How to make USB as Installer debian 5

On Wed 20 Mar 2013 at 10:09:28 -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 09:52:34AM +0800, Jeffry Liuw wrote:
> > Dear Debian Developer,
> >
> > I want to make USB as Installer debian 5. Can you help me please, in
> > which way to make that ?
> >
> > I need to installing Debian on my SONY VIAO using USB for flexibility.
> >
> > Thank in advanced
>
> Debian 5 as in the one that hasn't been supported for quite a while?
>
> Well I know for the current Debian 6, you should be able to just dd the
> install image to a usb key and boot it.
>
> For older releases something like http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
> should work.

As a point of interest, it is possible to fiddle with a Lenny netinst
ISO and turn it into an isohybrid which can be dd'ed or cat'ed to a USB
stick. However, as you suggest, UNetbootin or something similar should
be able to cope with it. Reading the Manual might not be a bad idea
either.