[d-i manual] catalan translation - xml to po conversion IMHO not possible

Hi all,

Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 09:45:55PM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > > So, how hard would it be to convert this thing into a po-based
> > > translation?
> >
> > I am in private contact with Innocent De Marchi, who has mailed me
> > because of my mail to debian-l10n-catalan.
> >
> > He has had similar ideas.
> > But according to ../manual/doc/translations_po.txt we need a 100%
> > complete translation for an automatic convertion from xml to po format.
> > And a convertion by hand can only be done by someone, who is a native
> > Catalan speaker IMHO.
> > Probably Innocent wants to go that way...
>
> Well, we do have a 100% translation of the squeeze docs, don't we?
>
> I'll email Innocent, but I'd really want to explore the possibility of a
> conversion now, before doing xml work for another release.

It seems to me, that there was no 100% complete Catalan translation for
Squeeze:

1.
The package version from installation-guide, which was released with
6.0.0 was (grabbed from PTS):
	[2011-01-24] Accepted 20110122 in unstable (low) (Christian Perrier)

2.
The latest commit for Catalan (by guillem) before that upload was:
	http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i?view=revision&revision=65992

3.
I have done a checkout for rev.65992 and these are the Catalan statistics
for that revision:
	21 files need an update
	1 file untranslated

4.
After that, there was only one more commit from guillem:
	http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i?view=revision&revision=66366
These are the statistics for that revision:
	20 files need an update
	1 file untranslated

5.
>From that time on, there was no more translation work for Catalan.
So I am unsure, if an automatic conversion from xml to po is possible ...

Holger

--
Created with Sylpheed 3.0.2