Re: building and testing d-i with jenkins

Hi Steven,

thanks for your feedback!

On Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2012, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> > http://jenkins.debian.net/view/cd-tests/job/cd-test_wheezy_lxde/
> > doing a g-i installation of lxde desktop and producing a nice video
> This is great!  But what happened to that link, it is a 404 already?

yes, it's 404 because I renamed the jobs so the new URL is

http://jenkins.debian.net/view/g-i-installation/job/g-i-installation_debian_wheezy_lxde/

> I see that wheezy d-i is at least being tested regularly for the
> purposes of Debian Edu so that's good.  I noticed what looks like some
> false positives though, e.g.:

all the g-i* tests are not as stable yet as I want them to be. I just
had all the Debian wheezy tests working when suddenly they stopped working:

<h01ger> i dont get it, since 2 days the g-i-installation tests hang, that is, d-i is not getting a dhcp address...
<h01ger> but
<h01ger> this only happens for wheezy installs, squeeze still works nicely
<h01ger> i've reviewed all 20 commits since then twice, and dont get it
<h01ger> coincidently, 2 days ago i also updated that wheezy, which updated kernel+qemu, but... the changelogs doesnt
say anything and also its strange that the squeeze tests still work
<h01ger> </rant></ideas>
<Myon> no free leases?
<h01ger> i rebooted two days ago too. and its the qemu internal dhcp server

(The g-i*debian-edu* tests still have other problems, but the Debian installations worked nicely: full desktop
install, log in, open www.debian.org in iceweasel, start a shell, apt-get moo, su, poweroff. And a video of this as
result.)

> The install was thought to 'hang' and fail, because it rebooted into the
> installed system within qemu.  I think you are missing the qemu
> '-no-reboot' flag here?

No, I use "no-shutdown" and then issue a poweroff and then I wait for matching screenshots and then I gocr them and
check that the last line there is "Power down." - that's better to check reliably, then a non-existing process, which
could have died for a millions of reasons. :-)

So summary: the g-i installation tests still need some work and this is mostly why I still havent announce
jenkins.debian.net properly.

cheers,
	Holger